At Medida, we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
When Medida collects and processes your personal data we are doing so on our own behalf, and not on behalf of any third parties. This means that Medida is termed a data controller under the terms of data protection legislation.
THE LEGAL BASES
The law on data protection sets out a number of reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data including:
• Consent – for example, where you have ticked a box to receive emails
• Contractual obligations – for example, where we need your data to fulfil our contract with you
• Legal compliance – for example, where the law requires us to
• Legitimate interest – where we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not impact your rights, freedoms or interests.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information when you shop with us:
• contact information including address, telephone and email address
• your measurements, which we use to manufacture your made to measure products
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
|How we use your name and contact details||Why?|
|Send you service messages – for example, order updates||To carry out our contract with you – so you know when your order is ready for collection|
|Send you information by email or direct mail about our promotions, products or services||To keep you up-to-date – you can opt out at any time|
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell any personal information to any third parties. However we do share your name (but no other personal data) with our manufacturing partners so that we can correctly identify and track your orders.
We may also share your contact information with other companies that help get your orders to you – for example, delivery companies.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email or direct mail. You can stop receiving marketing messages by:
• Contacting us on email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Clicking the unsubscribe link on any promotional email you receive from us
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as is required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
At the end of that retention period your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised – for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and planning.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our legal, financial and contractual obligations.
Your rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to know whether we are processing your personal data, and to access the personal information we hold about you, free of charge.
• The right to correct personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. This can be done by contacting us on email email@example.com
• The right that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it, in some circumstances. This can be done by contacting us on email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The right to stop direct marketing messages. This can be done using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional email sent from Medida or by contacting us on email email@example.com
HOW TO CONTACT US